Alouette Special Care Home welcomes applications for Personal Support Workers.
Alouette supports community colleges with on-the-job training for personal support worker program, health care aide program, human services program, and culinary arts program.
We also welcome volunteers for income tax processing, gardening services, hair dressing, religious services, music programs, and crafts.
Most of our employees work 12 hour shifts, from 7 to 7, on a two-week rotation with every second weekend off. Our employees also only work on a team with either day OR night shifts, not a mix of both.
- Promote and protect Resident Rights
- Adhere to Alouette Special Care Home Guidelines
- Support residents with personal care, medication administration, serving meals, exercise and activity program
- Housekeeping, emptying garbage, and laundry
- Ensure documentation is completed on a per shift basis
- Attend staff meetings and fire drills as required
- Personal Support Worker, Health Care Aide, Human Services certification or willing to study willing working
- RCMP Vulnerable Sector Check mandatory
- Workplace First Aid and CPR Certificate mandatory
- Food Safety Certificate would be considered an asset
- Joint Health & Safety Committee certification considered an asset
- Social Development Background Check will be necessary
- COVID Immunization Record or willing to be tested every second day
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with team members and residents
- Full time positions
- Opportunities for cross training and promotion
- Sunlife Medical /Dental/Prescription plan and EAP
- Employee discount at Guardian Drugs
- Grocery purchasing program through Sysco Foods
- Meals provided while on shift
- In-house training overseen by Supervisor
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply in person at 2100 Amirault Street, Dieppe.